jueves, 11 de julio de 2013

Costa Rica, here I come!!!

I have always wanted to study abroad, especially after my sister studied for a semester in Greece.  I was so far into the education program that I knew that a semester away would put me a semester behind.  When I heard that there was finally a study away program for education majors I knew this would be a once in a life time opportunity.  I am so excited to be going somewhere that I know nothing about and a culture I know nothing about.  When I was a student ambassador with People-to-People in Europe, it was the place that was lower key that I loved most.  I much preferred Malta to Paris or Rome or anywhere else on the trip.  In Malta everything was calm and quiet and very different from the fast paced living you often see in the states.  This had a huge impact on my life and I am hoping this trip is just as life altering. 
                At this point, I am nervous only because of how little I know Spanish.  I am worried about how I am going to be able to communicate with my Tico family because of how little Spanish I know.  I am also nervous because of how little I know of the culture and I’m worried about insulting them if I do or say something wrong. 

                One thing I am expecting out of this trip is that it will make me a much more understanding teacher.  I feel like this will help me to help my students understand when they are struggling because I will feel that same frustration when trying to communicate with my Tico family.  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario